Hi all! If you’ve read my first post, you’ll know I work with folks digitally. What that post doesn’t do is provide information about how it might look for a client. So here is a quick summary of how I onboard clients, as well as my services.
This is an exploratory call, where we speak about general concerns and identify how I can help you, and if we’re a good fit. If so, we schedule a formal virtual evaluation. They’re typically between 60-75minutes long. We dive in your current concerns, present and past injuries, medical history, movement screens, short and long term goals.
Then we decide together, based on my recommendations and your input, how we can work together. Also, as a new client, you will be given a code to my Resource membership for a free first month. This gives you access to my growing video library, workout programs, future newsletters, nutrition content, and rehab templates.
Below are my services offered.
- Clients have the option of working one-on-one with me. The most important thing to know here is that we work together in a fashion that’s discussed to be right for you. Most sessions I have with people is personal training in nature, with injury management sprinkled in. I say this because I want people to know this is not traditional Physical Therapy, though it is just as effective, if not more, based current evidence of best practices for injury management. Plus, you will benefit from workouts. This is why I am out-of-network.
- This virtual feature is also often used for maintenance calls — as I have a 20-minute consultation option for check-ins — or for one-off appointments like learning skills like kettlebell technique, or yoga postures.
One-On-One (In Person)
- This is for locals only, and is usually a dry needling session, which includes a few exercises as well.
- I coach people directly through a very user friendly app. The app delivers your exercises with the specified reps and sets you need to do, as well as pain parameters if you and I are working together for an injury.
- Each exercise has videos linked to them for reference, as well as a spot for you to record yourself doing each exercise in order to track progress or receive “form checks”, if you desire.
- Each section has an area to write to me, which is great for quick questions or tracking updates.
- Each month includes 60 minutes of video chatting as well, which is typically broken down into two sessions of 30 minutes.
- Some clients have me on monthly retainer for texting, calls, support, immediate guidance, one-offs, etc. This doesn’t include formal structured programming, but can include me sending articles or quick videos I make for clients’ immediate needs.
Most clients end up doing a monthly program with me. If at any point they stop, they’ll shift to maintenance consultation calls every few weeks or a retainer approach, in addition being part of my new Resources membership!
This membership is an offering for the public, not just clients, and offers categorized videos for all types of things like bodyweight, injuries, mobility, etc. It also offers workout programs for different goals.
Lastly, some clients prefer virtual one-on-one sessions for personal training, skill work, accountability, etc.
In the coming weeks I will offer public classes held through zoom. I will announce that via my newsletter. Feel free to sign up here if you haven’t already!
That’s all of it! I hope having it written down was helpful to get a better understanding of how I work with folks. The goal for me has always been to provide a full spectrum of offerings, from intensive to less intensive, so clients can always have access to me and my resources. Whether it’s in a pinch or after a major surgery. I want to be your teammate for the long haul.
Dr. Megan-Marie Delegas PT, DPT